- Yemen should accede to the Convention on Cluster Munitions (CCM) as a matter of priority.
- Yemen should comply with its obligations under international human rights law to clear cluster munition remnants (CMR) on territory under its jurisdiction or control as soon as possible.
- Yemen should develop a mine action strategy providing a framework and clear targets for tackling explosive remnants of war (ERW).
- Yemen’s government should support implementation of a baseline survey in accordance with its commitment to the Anti-Personnel Mine Ban Convention (APMBC).
- Yemen should amend bureaucratic procedures and arbitrary barriers that are obstructing imports of demining equipment and implementation of the mine action plans of the Yemen Executive Mine Action Centre (YEMAC).
- YEMAC and the Yemen Mine Action Coordination Centre (YMACC) should increase transparency by publishing regular, comprehensive reports on developments in its management, planning, and implementation of mine action.
- Yemen should clarify and consolidate the roles and authority of YEMAC and YMACC.
Click here to download the full "Clearing Cluster Munition Remnants 2021" report for Yemen.